Sunday, August 26, 2012

3mg is not enough

About two years ago someone recommended that I try Melatonin.  At first I was hesitant, I've heard a few horror stories about herbal/natural sleep remedies (hello, valerian root hallucinations, anyone?), but after I did some research I decided to give it a go.  Turns out that melatonin is a hormone already in your body that regulates your sleep cycle.



I've been using it ever since.  This really works like a charm for me, but it took some trial and error.  First off, unlike other sleep meds I've tried, I can take melatonin right as I'm tucking in for bed.  Secondly, 3mg is just not enough to have an effect on me.  I take two 3mg tablets right before bed.  It's the perfect amount as I can fall asleep in a reasonable amount of time or still be able-minding if I bolt out of bed because I forgot to do a homework assignment.

All around great product in my opinion.  It's inexpensive (I get bottles of 60-240 tablets for under $5) and natural, so I'd recommend trying it if you haven't already.

No comments:

Post a Comment